Frostwalk Game Console
An extendable and flexible package for creating developer and in-game consoles in Unity.
This Unity package allows for the easy creation of in-game and developer consoles for any Unity game. It has the following features:
- Allows for creation of multiple different consoles in one single project, which means there can be multiple different types of consoles or command lines in a game.
- Automatic detection of commands. Any command that subclasses the Command class will automatically be added to the list.
- Flexible commands. Arguments are passed in as a whole string, so you can parse them however you like to create some powerful commands.
- Multiple command aliases. Call the same command under different names.
- Utility methods to help ease the interaction with the system when making commands.
- Built-in help syntax (accessed through the command ? syntax.)
The package also includes an example developer console, which has the following additional features:
- Basic error checking.
- The help echo, and spawn/create commands.
- Text log display with a scrolling view.
- Command history. Previously entered commands are kept in memory for quick access.
- Automatic text log purging when the text log gets too long.